Cover Your Ears If You’re Prickly

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

After recent thoughts about interesting flavours of things (and the ones that aren’t locally available), I remembered the ultimate in peculiar flavours...

Picture: Child of the 1980s

Hedgehog flavoured potato chips. Or maybe that should be crisps, seeing as it’s such a quintessentially English idea.

The first time I came across these, I was quite concerned that they might be made with real, genuine hedgehogs (it was a long time ago, in (flimsy) defence of my gullibility). Although I’ve still never been able to bring myself to track down a packet and try them, just in case!

Walkers (who were responsible for the hedgehog crisps in the first place) are still trying out new ideas... Cajun squirrel was a hilarious thought. If only because somewhere, in the backwoods of the deep south, beside an alligator-infested swamp, somebody shot a varmint and thought of a tasty way to cook it...

Picture: FoodStuffFinds

And now they're at it again!

This might be the only hedgehog inspired thing I’d like to eat...

Picture: Ada and Darcy

Penguins love comments - please share your thoughts...

  © Blogger template "Shush" by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, changed to bits and pieces by the Sticky Penguin