Shades Of Grey

Sunday, October 3, 2010

The latest item on the sweet / savoury continuum is... the pretzel.

I hadn’t paid much attention to those pop-up kiosks in the middle of shopping malls, selling saccharine-smelling cinnamon pretzels*, aside from hurrying away from their lingeringly unavoidable and amplified odorousness (something I previously thought was reserved for Subway outlets and Lush stores). But then, I came across these...

Picture: Sugar Pressure 

Pretzel M&Ms. This just seems like a very strange idea. Like putting potato crisps inside M&Ms (I hope they're not doing that, too). The sweet / salty thing I’m not averse to, but not just any sweet and salty. Capers in Milky Way bars? I don’t think so. Or at least, I hope not...

Picture: Sugar Pressure (had to show their insides as well!)

It also solved the mystery of what peeps are. I kept seeing references to them (especially round Easter), and they had me mystified. Not as mystifying as those pretzel M&Ms, but certainly cuter...

* Does this mean I’ve finally found a baked item containing cinnamon that I don’t like? Wow. Flying pigs will be next (and will make the bacon harder to catch – which might reduce the craze).

Penguins love comments - please share your thoughts...

  © Blogger template "Shush" by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, changed to bits and pieces by the Sticky Penguin