Playing With The Box

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Yep, couldn’t have said it better myself! Well, if there was a version that said will waltz for fudge, maybe. Or tell bad puns for pate. Or procrastinate for cake mixture...

Plate: Jim Bob Art on Etsy

I spent a long time with a vocal dislike for being pigeonholed, and a characteristically bolshie tendency to try to be unexpected in the face of such suspected sweeping generalisations (spent? OK, maybe I still do...). Although lately I’ve been thinking that it’s not pigeonholing that bothers me, so much as being thought of as the wrong sort of pigeon.

If somebody can make a 30-second assessment and come up with a verbose and stubborn gourmet gourmand who does sarcasm and self-depreciation to excess, is fixated by penguins, buys too many shoes and dances to preserve her sanity, then I’m more than happy to be filed away neatly in whatever pigeonhole that may be...

Of course, it may require a very specific set of pigeonholes...

Pigeon holes: Misha Kahn

Penguins love comments - please share your thoughts...

  © Blogger template "Shush" by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, changed to bits and pieces by the Sticky Penguin