Butter Wouldn’t Melt

Thursday, October 21, 2010

There are lots of things I wish I could get away with*, and most of them shouldn’t be admitted to out loud. They often involve gluttonous food, questionable garments, and flippant remarks. Some of them, though, are cute, although likely to be impossible to carry off (potentially because of said cuteness – while I like cute things, I can’t do cute. It just doesn’t work. It’s about as convincing as a penguin in a party hat. Probably much less so), but they can at least be shared (if not worn)...


And there aren't just croissants... butter, meet brioche...


And this is our friend, cheese. We don't know what we'd do without him...


"I'm definitely worst for them!"..."No, I am..."

This makes me realise that there is another word needed (or that I just need to find out what the word is, although I suspect there isn’t one). A word to describe turning things into other things – and I don’t mean magic! More like a branch of anthropomorphism, where instead of making objects resemble people, they resemble other objects. Preferable other objects that are attractive and very out of context**.

PS: Belated apologies, but these t-shirts, all of which (did) come from Little Butter on Etsy, now appear to have disappeared well and truly down the rabbit hole. No idea where, but here's hoping they return. Clearly somebody was anxious to avoid ill-considered attempts at cuteness... But I still couldn't resist posting them!

* Although not as many as things I wish I could do – that list just keeps on growing, and would put the very model of a model major general positively to shame...
** In my case, even more preferably objects that are edible.

Penguins love comments - please share your thoughts...

  © Blogger template "Shush" by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, changed to bits and pieces by the Sticky Penguin