Not As Prickly As You Think

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Combining yum cha and hedgehogs - squishy, rather than prickly. Surely proof that the whole can be greater than the sum of the parts (especially the ones that have custard inside)...

Picture: Wananga on Flickr

Although once you find one, and find yourself searching “hedgehog bun”, you feel like you might just be starting to lose your grip on reality...*

Picture: A Whiff of Lemongrass

Picture: Absentmindedprof on Flickr

Picture: Fenchurch! on Flickr

Picture: Insatiable Critic

Picture: tofu_catgirl on Flickr

Picture: hmw029 on Flickr

But I think it is always very hard to eat cute things. Even if they’re just made to look cute. Chocolate rabbits are a particular challenge. Not so very long ago, there was a giant chocolate penguin living in my kitchen cupboard (doesn’t everybody have one of those?) and, while I frequently went and admired him, I couldn't bring myself to actually eat him**. Even though he was from my total utter favourite chocolate shop. Maybe this is a(nother) sign that I really need a pet.

Picture: M.M.Miro on Flickr

* It never ceases to amaze me how many Other People have photos of, thoughts about, or blogs relating to all sorts of strange little things that I was sure could only be a peculiar one off or a mad momentary thought (and there are thoughts that are not just momentary... just not quite so often). However, it also never ceases to amaze me how incredibly bothersome it can be to try and track down something online that you are convinced is really obvious, only to find that you might as well hunt the Snark.
** The Other Penguin, with a great deal more sense than me, pointed out that chocolate penguins were meant to be eaten, and that it was their purpose in life... and helped by eating him as well (as, while I agreed wholeheartedly with the sentiment, I felt far too attached to act on it!)

Penguins love comments - please share your thoughts...

  © Blogger template "Shush" by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, changed to bits and pieces by the Sticky Penguin