The Knights Who Say "Ni!"

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Picture: Style Me Pretty

I can’t quite believe that in the whole three-ring-circus that can be planning a wedding, the groom at this one had to make quite such a compromise over quite such a harmless and whimsical desire as having penguins on the wedding cake. The very idea of banishing penguins to the shrubbery seems to exemplify a lot of what I don’t like in the bride-must-have-her-own-way approach to so many weddings. And I've looked and looked at this cake and, beautiful though it is, I just can't see where those penguins have been hidden away...

Picture: Style Me Pretty

The replacement of “wedding” with “bridal” seems to go along with this idea as well – doesn’t the guy get a look in? I do get that, on average, women may have more details they care about when a couple plans their wedding, but the groom seems to be bumped to some sort of secondary supporting role, which I find very odd. And I can imagine there must be a few people out there who would be thrilled to bits and pieces if their partner (or person A, person B or whoever) had an interesting little detail they wanted to include.

Can it go in the vows? “I promise never to banish my husband / wife’s ideas to the shrubbery...”. Penguins. Shrubberies. Weddings. All risking getting far, far too silly for words...

Now this might be too many penguins...


Picture: Prime Number on Etsy

Penguins love comments - please share your thoughts...

  © Blogger template "Shush" by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, changed to bits and pieces by the Sticky Penguin