Pianissimo

Friday, April 15, 2011

Xylophobe - a person who can't stand tinkly piano music...

The Choir of Antarctica by ilovedoodle
The Choir Of Antarctica by I Love Doodle (who has a fabulous website, and sells his prints on Etsy

Much less common is the bagwuss, who runs and hides at the first sound of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo and has a penchant for wearing pink stripy tops...

Bagpuss
Bagwusses - sorry, bagpusses - by geese on Flickr a sea of pink and white stripy feline humbugs! These ones look considerably less jowly and rotund than the original, though...

Between the Other Penguin and me, we cover both bases. Whether it's Alicia Keys, ballroom music or The Whitlams, I do enjoy a piano (where he tends to prefer guitars and synthesisers, and I haven't yet encountered a bloke who enjoys The Whitlams). But busking bagpipers will send me bolting down the road with fingers in my ears quicker than nails down a blackboard...

Penguins love comments - please share your thoughts...

  © Blogger template "Shush" by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, changed to bits and pieces by the Sticky Penguin