Not Just In Cartoons

Friday, June 11, 2010


I  may have previously mentioned a small thing I have about the tare panda*. Well, I also recently came across this photo of a real one...

Pandas aren’t exactly a dime a dozen (well, not in my part of Sydney, at least), but real-life tare pandas? This one is my first.

The thing about the panda that I particularly like is that you can’t quite tell whether the panda is:
- going up the slide and decided it looked a good place to rest his front half;
- coming down the slide and ran out of momentum just before the bottom; or
- has no idea which way he was going, but moving in either direction just seems far too hard.

It seems to be a little bit Winnie The Pooh...
He gets what exercise he can
By falling off the ottoman

could be replaced by...
He exercises, when he tries
By going backwards down the slide

Picture: jclpat on Flickr

Tare weight: The weight of an empty container before it becomes occupied by a sleeping panda.

* Or just pandas in general

CHECKS AND SPOTS on June 12, 2010 at 6:38 AM

What a brilliantly witty post! I love you take on the ever wonderful Winnie The Pooh - it made me laugh out loud.
Have a wonderful long weekend
x

Penguins love comments - please share your thoughts...

  © Blogger template "Shush" by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, changed to bits and pieces by the Sticky Penguin