Burnt Out

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

To make your crème brulee mix, combine cream, a vanilla bean and a Parisian and bring to a simmer...
Picture: Kitchen Critic... please don't drop me in the crème brulee!

A newsletter I recently received referred to a celebration as being “French infused”, and much as I’m all for mixing my metaphors, this one was just a bit beyond me. Although it did start me thinking about the best flavours of crème brulee...

Picture: Food for Face

One of the first ones that caught my attention was hazelnut flavoured, at the much-missed Two Chefs on Stanley (although I’m also very keen on its reincarnation, Verde... maybe my favourite cocktail place as well). This has been followed by green tea and cinnamon at Uchi Lounge – unexpected, but fabulous. There was also a fabulous mandarin one – although where it was escapes me (hate it when that happens!)

Penguins love comments - please share your thoughts...

  © Blogger template "Shush" by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, changed to bits and pieces by the Sticky Penguin