I Came Here For A Reason

Tuesday, April 13, 2010


Milk. In the dishwasher. (Not to be confused with milking the dishwasher, which would be, I suspect, difficult and spiky, if less so than a hedgehog). There are days when the words that come out bear no resemblance at all to the words inside my head. But, almost as often, there are times (usually when thinking of something else, half asleep or otherwise distracted) when what I’m doing doesn’t equate to what I intended to do. This usually dawns on me when I’m standing at the dishwasher with a bottle of milk in my hand and a confused look on my face, wondering what I’m doing there. Going mad, apparently...

There needs to be a word for that sort of thing – putting the wrong thing into the wrong place. Yet another thing for the list of words that should exist but haven’t been made up yet.

To add insult to injury, I was trying to explain the milk in the dishwasher problem to somebody recently, and confused myself into such a circle that I ended up talking about trying to put the fridge into the dishwasher. I think this is the sort of hedgehog that is required...
 

Penguins love comments - please share your thoughts...

  © Blogger template "Shush" by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, changed to bits and pieces by the Sticky Penguin