Fried Lasagne

Monday, April 5, 2010

Picture: Porridge Papers on Etsy

I would love to know what sort of people* actually buy intriguing, witty or just plain silly letterpress cards and what they use them for - this is just great, but I don't know what it's for. (Does it have to be for anything, or is it just good because it is?).

Clearly, I have food on the brain at the moment. Although after galettes, this might be going from the sublime to the ridiculous... it's Easter... which means the Easter Show... which means hot-dogs-on-a-stick. I don't think I will end up going there (both the show and the hot dog), but there is something about the deep fried hot dog on a stick. Not necessarily something good, mind you... Perhaps it goes in the same category as the deep fried Mars bar - nobody's sure who to blame for it, and whether to want to try one, or to run as far away from it as possible.

Pictures: Not Quite Nigella

However, the best strange regional fried food experience has to be fried lasagne. Somewhere in darkest New Zealand, I was asked at a takeaway shop whether I wanted my (mum's) lasagne wrapped with my chips. Hang on...? The lasagne turned out to be crumbed and deep fried. And, unexpectedly, edible (in a relative sense), as long as you suspended all mental associations with actual lasagne...

* This is a bit much, really, given my own not-too-distant efforts in hunting down a particular greeting card. More on that later (if I'm organised enough to remember...).

kita on April 18, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Im loving the crumbled and deep fried idea. That may make it easier to manage in the deep fryer.

Penguins love comments - please share your thoughts...

  © Blogger template "Shush" by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, changed to bits and pieces by the Sticky Penguin