Stating The Obvious

Friday, June 18, 2010

I would not be a success in MI5. This has been pointed out to me by my dad, born of many years of observing my mum and I furtively whispering, usually about something entertaining being said, done or worn by somebody close enough that they shouldn’t be being gossiped about*. Which is a shame, especially as it puts paid to my idle dream of getting around like Catherine Zeta Jones in Ocean’s Twelve**.

Picture: via IMDB

Similarly, I’d be a terrible poker player. The full gamut of emotions tends to be readily apparent, frequently against my better intentions, and occasionally to my detriment (and others’ amusement).

So, for me, there is no need to wear my heart on my sleeve any more than I already do. But if I felt tempted to labour the point, I’d be drawn to these earrings...

Picture: shanblan on Etsy

It would be handy if they came up with a male equivalent as well. The idea just doesn’t translate to cuff links, for obvious reasons!

* The idea of not gossiping at all is just utterly impractical...
** This is probably more a goal of having my hair look like hers in the film, rather than necessarily chasing after various geezers and such.

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella on June 19, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Hehe my hubby pointed out to me that I'd make a lousy spy too. I was crushed! :P Love those earrings!

Penguins love comments - please share your thoughts...

  © Blogger template "Shush" by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009, changed to bits and pieces by the Sticky Penguin